Translate

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Journey to Al Batinah South Governorate


Last week on 28 of November was a national day holiday. So my family and I decided to go to trip in Al Batinah South Governorate, especially in the wilayat  Nakhal and wilayat Al-Rustaq. We visited Nakhal fort and al-Hazm castle.

Nakhal fort is believed to date back to the pre-islamic era. It lies amidst palm orchards in Wilayat Nakhal in Al-Batinah South Governorate. It is an entrenched building that rises above a rocky hill at the base of Mount Nakhal in the northeast of Al-Jabal Al-Akhdar (Green Mountain).

The high location of the fort looks like a monument carried by a gigantic hand above its surroundings. Nearby is a beautiful oasis and hot spring. While the source has been enclosed solely for viewing, the shaded rest area complete with playground makes for a welcome break.

It is beautiful fort. I like it, I took a lot of photos of it. I will share them with you. Actually, the first photo is from the internet, but other photos I took them.





No comments:

Post a Comment